I've been wondering lately about this disappointment that I can't seem to shake. Perhaps it's not all about the F word (fail) after all. I think I'm also disturbed at the thought that I just couldn't hack it. Seriously.
I once had a boyfriend who told me in the course of a conversation about travels that he just couldn't see my living in a third-world type of environment. I remember this conversation pretty well because of the hugemongous fight that ensued, where I adamantly defended my ability to adjust to any type of environment. I felt that I was open-minded enough, and flexible enough, to handle living anywhere.
I suppose we all have our limits. I used to believe that I was so self-reflective, and that I knew myself so well, that I had complete control over my limits. But in retrospect, none of us can truly know our limits until we're put to the test. And it's not a huge negative that I failed that test. Because at least I tried.
Saskia, I want you to meet Saskia. You two should get along pretty well. Just make sure you both work on your Active Listening Skills - cause your gonna need them.
0 people had something to say:
Post a Comment