Emotionally charged ramblings from a Student of Life.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

18 March 2009

Terror Alert: Code YELLOW.

Seriously folks. Our gov'ner should be calling out the National Guard, declaring a State of Emergency. The pollen count has reached a critical high.

And my poor poor car is just sooooo sad. Normally she shines bright and green and happy. Now she's a dull chartreuse and no matter how many times I wash her she is just COVERED 5 minutes later. Unfortunately I have not been able to convince my parents that it's about time we cut down the Centenarian+ Oak Tree that canopies our drive. Thus, each year, I live with this:



You can see the dust from HERE!

Ack! My nose runs just looking at this!



My leaf collection. I'm pretty sure I could make a whole new tree.



My windshield. Boo.



What is the point of having a sunroof?



The left side of the shot is the part of the window that doesn't get washed by the wipers. The right side shows one day's worth of junk since driving yesterday. You also have a nice reflection of the hateful tree that causes this nightmare.



I have to clean my wipers before I can use them to clean my window.



Sadface Car.

"View" from the sunroof.

Course I don't want to imply my car is the only victim of the Pervasiveness of Pollen. Here are some pics from around the house:


Patio table. So clean you want to eat off of it, right?



Grapefruit tree via a sea of haze. On the plus side, the buds will bloom soon and that is a scent I want to bottle and sniff all year.



Even the dog's water bowl falls victim to those wretched pollen thingies.



Sadface patio.



Sadface Front Porch.



Sadface Railing.



This is just a small image of the amazing powers of Pollen. It's EVERYWHERE. I'm seriously concerned that if enough of it gets together it will learn to combine into some massive Blob-like form and chase me.



The Bane of My Existence.

Oh, and have you ever smelled pollen hanging in the air? It's like the lovely scent of honeysuckle, except that this honeysuckle hails from the 7th Circle of Hell.

On a lighter note, here are some shots of the cutest Ball of Fluff ever. Well, top ten anyhow.


I am not amused by your camera flash.



Bask in my glory, mere mortal.


You can't handle this amount of cuteness. I'm so cute that to photograph me in color would melt your eyes.



I am weary of your attentions. Leave me now. I must rest.



Oh, Hai. Don't mind me. Just checkin out your butt.

0 people had something to say:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio