Emotionally charged ramblings from a Student of Life.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

01 December 2008

It's DONE!!

The Official Dr. Danny Hat is complete.

For those of you who don't know, Dr. Danny is one of our beloved Gross Anatomy profs. He is super funny, very kind, and occasionally helpful in class. If you want to find him during off-hours, your best bet would be the roulette tables at the Marriott. He taught me a lot in the last two semesters: how to anesthetize a giraffe (place a bag over their head so they calm down...um, yeah, that's called suffocation), what happens to rabbits when you scare them (his mom used to pay him coins to scare the rabbits...he just never understood why some would fall to the ground and not move), how to strategically play at slots (see previous post regarding gambling here), and how to properly pronounce my name ("Askia"). Oh, and some thoracic limb thrown in for kicks.

Unfortunately for us here at Ross, Dr. Danny will be moving to Toronto at the end of this semester. Something about being back with his family. Whatev. WE'RE his family.

So I hear about this moving thing, and I figure: what is a guy who has lived on a Caribbean island for seven years going to do when he gets to frigid Toronto in DECEMBER?

And thus, with the help of dad (thanks for sending the yarn, you ROCK), my lab partners (color choice turned out FANTASTIC), and Dr. Moffatt (thanks for letting me bounce ideas off of you, we SO need a Stitch-N-Bitch!!) we will be able to present to Dr. Danny a gift that will not only be practical, but also Bitchin Cute.

I love it more than I ever imagined. In fact, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to take it off to give it to him. So he'll probably just have to take me with him to Toronto. I could use a change of scenery.


The scarf is coming along, about 1/2 way or so, and may or may not get done before he leaves. I do have to sorta kinda lay down a few itty bitty boundaries about priorities and whatnot. That whole study thing. But since I've been really really really good and don't do anything else BUT study I figure knitting can be my wind down time at night. Now i just have to figure out how to make myself stop to sleep...


Yay Hat!! :)

2 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Ok - that hat freaking rocks! I can't wait to see it on Danny's head.

joanne said...

great hat. see another job opportunity arises like magic

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio