Emotionally charged ramblings from a Student of Life.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

11 August 2008

2/5 DONE.

Two down, three to go.

Anatomy was my biggest concern, so now that it's out of the way bring on the final finals!

In case you guys were curious....here's a smattering of questions from my anat lecture final:

#1. Which of the following is correct?
A. Large volumes of local anesthetics injected into the epidural space can reach nerves proximal to the site of injection. This is not the case for agents injected into the subarachnoid space.
B. The cheif advantage to obtaining a cerebral spinal fluid sample at the lumbosacral junction is that the lumbar intumescence is easily accessible.
C. The subarachnoid space exists by virtue of the cerebral spinal fluid that fills it.
D. In order to avoid inserting a CSF tap needle into a patient's brainstem or spinal cord, the needle should be directed toward the pedicle of the vertebral foramen.
E. Cerebral spinal fluid results help veterinarians to determine the nature of lesions, particularly those that cause vascular damage.

#2. An anesthetic agent that "shuts down" the output of the reticular formation to the cerebral cortex would be expected to:
A. result in paralysis of striated muscle
B. result in atrophy of striated muscle
C. affect the animal's awareness of stimuli
D. affect all sensory neurons
E. affest all lower motor neurons (neurons innervating striated muscle)

#3. A horses's loss of awareness of the position of its joints (for example, the horse's being unaware of the knuckling of the metatarsophalangeal joint of a pelvic limb) could be the result of damage to its:
A. olfactory cortex
B. somatosensory cortex
C. visual (optic) cortex
D. auditory cortex
E. motor cortex

#4. A complete transverse fracture of the olecranon bone will affect the dog's ability to:
A. extend the elbow joint
B. extend the digits
C. extend the shoulder joint
D. flex the elbow joint

#5. T/F. The large intestine of the dog contains haustra and tenia. (I wrote a big WTF next to this one).

#6. Matching the following functions to the appropriate nerves below.
A. Purely motor function
B. Mixed function
C. Special sensory ensory function
Nerves:
1. Olfactory CN
2. Trigeminal CN
3. Trochlear CN

*Extra credit from me if you can number the CNs correctly without cheating!! :)

Alright, guess that's all I'll share. You guys probably already think I'm nutty enough. Just keep in mind that I had 125 of those questions. And I reallllly had to pee around #68.

For those of you who are curious, our retarded school does not release final exam or final course grades until Saturday 8/16 at noon. Which means just before I get on the plane home I'll know whether I should pack light or heavy. No reason to stress about it now!

Have a great week!! :)

0 people had something to say:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio